Sunday, August 1, 2010

Chapter VI - Update

So I haven't written anything in a while because I was having a great time on mid-semester break. Turns out I actually had almost a month of time off. Also been working at a restaurant as a waiter. It's challenging but I enjoy it. I'd rather do this than sit at a register all day. Yeah, so that's the update.

My friends Alex and Kim have a channel on youtube (Alkimex), where they like to make video blogs and this is a shameless plug for them. Their latest video, one in which I also appear, is still in the making. I will be up putting it in this post when it's finished. I admire anyone who has the initiative to act on what really interests them and make something of it.



Over the holidays I also had some time to see my primary school friends Jess and Casey. It's a shame that they live 2.5 hours away from me, but it's worth it none the less. I also don't mind it because of the train ride. I like to sit in the opposite direction that the train is going, so out the window it looks like everything is going backwards really fast. Anyway, just wanted to explain how dear these girls are to me, even though I don't see them as much as I would like to. I value all my friends equally. Each has a special way about them that I love. Basically, I feel most accepted and loved as a person when I'm with you guys. A sort of sense belonging which is hard to describe. It's like being able to detach myself from anything important or stressful, have a great time and be myself. Jess, perpetually happy, I've even seen her in bad mood. Casey, a girl with an amazing voice, who told me something I'll never forget. Two amazing, beautiful people who mean a lot to me.


2 comments:

Casey said...

I love you, Alex. And everything I said was, and is, 100% true.

I wish I saw you more.

Jessica said...

Aw, Alex! I love you too :) That was lovely!

We'll have to go up to you guys the next time we get a chance!! xxx

(I don't know if I'm logged in... I don't even know if I /have/ a log in... So it's Jess. But I'm sure you guessed that.)